Dear Colleagues, dear Representatives of the Press,
On Friday, July 2, 2021, the Supervisory Board and shareholders of documenta und Museum Fridericianum gGmbH will decide whether documenta fifteen can take place as planned from June 18 to September 25, 2022.
Since spring 2020, the planning of the fifteenth edition of documenta has been affected by the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic—an occasion to once again discuss the feasibility of the exhibition, its infrastructural challenges, and the variables influencing the realization of the curatorial concept.
On the occasion of the public announcement of the official decision of the documenta committees, we cordially invite you to the press conference at 3.30 pm on Friday, July 2, 2021 in the Rotunda of the Fridericianum, Friedrichsplatz 18, 34117 Kassel. The doors will open at 3 pm.
The following people will be available for discussion:
- Christian Geselle, Chair of the Supervisory Board and Lord Mayor of the City of Kassel
- Angela Dorn, Deputy Chair of the Supervisory Board and Hessian Minister of Higher Education, Research and the Arts
- Ade Darmawan, Member of ruangrupa, the Artistic Direction of documenta fifteen
- Dr. Sabine Schormann, Director General of documenta und Museum Fridericianum gGmbH
Link to the livestream of the press conference
The press conference can also be followed on the documenta fifteen YouTube channel. No registration is required for this. As part of the livestream, there will be an opportunity to ask questions via the chat.
We are pleased about your interest and ask you to register for the press conference by Friday, July 2, 2021, 11 am at the latest, at email@example.com. Please include your contact details (name, address, email address, phone number) with your registration.*
Please note that due to current regulations related to the COVID-19 pandemic, only a limited number of people may attend the press conference. Seats will be allocated on a “first come, first served” basis following your prior registration via email. We ask for your understanding regarding this procedure.
Please only attend the press conference if you feel in good health. Wearing a medical mask covering mouth and nose is mandatory on site, as is adherence to the distancing rules.
* Be assured that we will handle your data with care, will not pass it on to third parties and will only use it for the purpose of identifying possible chains of infection. Your contacts will be deleted after 14 days.