(2) The documenta fifteen program includes events organized by documenta fifteen as well as events organized by cooperation partners that take place within the framework of documenta fifteen. documenta fifteen is not responsible or liable for the proper execution of third-party events. Events organized by cooperation partners will be listed accordingly in the documenta fifteen publications.
2. Online program, starting times, ticket prices
The online program with the starting times and ticket prices will be published on the documenta fifteen websites and in publications. Information in the press is not binding.
3. Tickets for online events
You do not need a ticket for online documenta fifteen events.
4. Technical requirements
(1) The following applies to all documenta fifteen online events:
Participation in online events requires a stable Internet connection and either a PC, laptop, tablet, or smartphone, as well as headphones or a headset and a microphone if necessary.
The respective online events may contain videos, images, and texts for downloading. For smooth use we recommend using the Firefox or Chrome browser and setting the loudspeaker or connect ingheadphones to the device.
To avoid background noise, you should keep your microphone muted during online events. If necessary, questions and comments can be entered in a chat area.
For technical reasons, it may be necessary to leave your camera turned off. This will be communicated to you in advance of the event. Should it be possible to switch on the camera, you are of course free to decide at any time whether you want to activate it or not.
(2) documenta fifteen assumes no liability and does not guarantee that the online event can be properly carried out within the specific hardware and software environment used by you digital medium (PC, tablet, smartphone).
(3) The content of the online event will generally still be available to you.
(4) The content will not be available during times when data backups are being made and system maintenance or program maintenance work, or work on the system or database, is being or must be carried out. documenta fifteen and its vicarious agents shall regularly carry out such work outside the usual usage time. documenta fifteen shall be entitled to carry out such work during the normal period of use if this is necessary in the interests of the participants or due to extraordinary circumstances. This may result in disruptions to data retrieval.
5. Obligations of the participant(s)
(1) documenta fifteen reserves the right to block your access to online events in the event of suspected misuse or significant breaches of contract until such time as you clear up the suspicion and, if necessary, to terminate the contractual relationship without notice in the event of serious breaches.
(2) For the rest, our Community Agreement applies, which you can find here.
6. Copyright, personal rights
The contents of the online events are generally protected by copyright. The authors alone determine where and how their work is published. The use of content from the online events requires the permission of the respective authors before third parties can use it.
Please note that photographs and video recordings in which people are visible may not be used without their prior written consent.
7. Image and sound recordings
(1) The production of image and/or sound recordings, in particular film, video, screen recordings, and photographs, as well as screenshots at the online events is strictly prohibited, even for private use. documenta fifteen is entitled to take possession of recordings made in this way or, insofar as this is technically possible, to delete them. In addition, documenta fifteen reserves the right to terminate your participation in the online event if you cause significant disruption to the event.
(2) In the event that image and/or sound recordings are made by authorized persons during an online presentation, you hereby agree that you may be recorded in image and/or word and that the recordings may be published and used without any claim to remuneration.
8. Cancelation of an online event
(1) documenta fifteen reserves the right to cancel or terminate online events at any time for important reasons. An important reason can be, for example, technical problems that cannot be resolved in a timely manner, an attack on the online event system by an outside third party (a so-called hacker attack), absence of participants, etc.
(2) documenta fifteen will inform you as soon as possible and offer you access to an alternative online event, if possible.
9. Liability and compensation
(1) documenta fifteen shall be liable without limitation under the Product Liability Act for damage caused intentionally or by gross negligence, in the event of fraudulent concealment of defects, and for damage resulting from injury to life, limb or health. Liability for injury to life, limb or health shall remain unaffected insofar as it concerns typically foreseeable damages. documenta fifteen shall not be liable for damages caused by simple negligence. Insofar as documenta fifteen’s liability is excluded or limited in accordance with the above paragraphs, this shall also apply to its vicarious agents and assistants.
10. Data protection and data processing
Information about our data protection regulations can be found here.
11. Applicable law and place of jurisdiction
The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply exclusively. In the event of legal disputes, the exclusive place of jurisdiction shall be Kassel.
(Status: March 16, 2021)