On the occasion of KW 35 – Kassel Week of Museums from September 2 to 5, 2021, ruruHaus opens its doors and becomes a platform for local initiatives, collectives, scientists and artists. The venue will come to life through various events, including lectures, talks, music and radio broadcasts. During the four days, everybody is warmly invited to participate and jointly fill the “living room” of documenta fifteen with exciting encounters. The former department store offers space for lively exchange and serves as an experimental field for collaborations.
Participating initiatives and associations:
- Blind Spots in the Sun, a series of art interventions dealing with colonialism, collective memory and racism in Germany
- The documenta archiv with the publication project Manual for the Dying
- The documenta forum, an association for the support of the documenta idea and all institutions and objects connected with documenta
- Lost & Found Records, a record store
- Radio Rasclat, a non-profit community radio station based in Kassel
- Randfilm e.V., an association to support the fringe film and cinema culture
- The Rapid Publisher, a collective for the experimental design of magazines
- Rotopol, a publishing house for graphic storytelling pushing the boundaries of what illustration and comic art can accomplish
- Sticky Frames, a collective for animated short films
Saturday, September 4, 2021: Action Day
Opening hours: 3–10 pm
ruruHaus: Open Haus with a varied program of events
The Rapid Publisher: Participatory publishing
Throughout the day, the collective The Rapid Publisher invites everybody to an open workshop, where visitors can produce their own publications using a photocopier. The event is accompanied by DJ sets by Radio Rasclat, Lost & Found Records and others.
- 3 pm: Dario Fiege
- 4 pm: MarSoe
- 5 pm: Viva los Amigos
- 6 pm: Wolti
- 7 pm: DJ Effizijenz b2b Duun
- 8 pm: DJ Effizijenz b2b Duun
- 9 pm: Friedrich (Lost & Found Records Kassel)
- 10 pm: Ease Up George
- 11 pm: DJ State and Friends
Thursday, September 2, 2021 : 3–8 pm
Friday/Saturday, September 3/4, 2021: 3–10 pm
Sunday, September 5, 2021: 11 am–3 pm
Access to ruruHaus is possible only with proof of recovery, vaccination or current negative test, which is not older than 24 hours (3G rule).
The event takes place under consideration of currently valid hygiene guidelines. There is an obligation to cover the mouth and nose in the entire indoor area. The data of the visitors will be recorded in order to trace a possible chain of infection. The data protection regulation applies.
The program is held in English and German, many other languages are spoken and all languages are welcome.